SpecFlow+ LivingDoc Licensing
SpecFlow+ LivingDoc uses the same licensing mechanism as the other SpecFlow+ components. If you have purchased SpecFlow+, your license key will also unlock SpecFlow+ LivingDoc.
Restrictions in Evaluation Mode
If you have not registered a license key, SpecFlow+ LivingDoc runs in evaluation mode. This is indicated by the "evaluation mode" hint at the top right of the screen.
When running in evaluation mode, only the first 10 documentation entries can be viewed.
Registering Your License
Once you have generated your documentation using the SpecFlow+ build step, you can access the output from the Test menu in TFS/VSTS. When viewing the output, your license details are displayed at the top right of the screen. If you have not yet registered your license, "evaluation mode" is displayed here.
To register your license:
- Click on evaluation mode at the top right of the screen. A dialog is displayed:
- Enter your license details in the dialog. If you purchased SpecFlow+ via SWREG, the IssuedTo value is the email used to complete the purchase. If you purchased the license directly from TechTalk, you should have received an email containing both the licensee (IssuedTo) and license key.
- Click on Update.
- If your license data is correct, the dialog is closed. The licensing information at the top right of the screen is updated to show the licensee:
After registering your SpecFlow+ license, you can hover over the "issued to: <Licensee>" text to display additional information on your license:
* canUpdateUntil: This date is indicates the end of your current support period. This is normally one year after the date of purchase. * expirationDate: This date indicates when your license expires, at which point you will no longer be able to use SpecFlow+ (except in evalution mode). Most licenses do not have an expiration date, in which case this value is empty.
Unregistering Your License
To unregister your license:
1. Click on the "issued to: <Licensee>" text at the top right. A dialog is opened. 2. Leave the Key field empty and click on Update. 3. The dialog is closed and the license information at the top right reverts back to "evaluation mode".