Before installing the new version, please read the information on updating. The installation procedure is also covered there. Note that SpecFlow 2 requires .NET 4.5 or higher!
WHAT’S NEW IN SPECFLOW V2?
Important changes in SpecFlow V2 include:
- All components upgraded to .NET 4.5.
Note: SpecFlow v2 will no longer work with older .NET runtimes!
- Upgraded to the new Gherkin 3 parser
Note: This change may mean that older feature files are no longer parsed correctly!
- Support for parallel SpecFlow tests within the same AppDomain
- Visual Studio integration has been separated to a separate project
- Support for xUnit 2.0 and NUnit 3.0, including parallel test execution. The older providers have been retained and renamed (to xunit.1 and nunit.2 respectively).
- Ability to determine the execution order of hooks (e.g.
- Extensible table conversions and comparisons for
CreateSet, CreateInstance, CompareToSetand
- Access the details of the currently executed step with
- Display tags in NUnit test adapter in Visual Studio
- Better regular expression suggestions generated for missing steps with quoted parameters
- Steps base class provides properties for thread-safe access to feature, scenario and step contexts
- Scenario and feature context can be injected to the binding class, avoiding static
- Better matching of column names to property names by removing characters that are invalid in property names
- Small improvements in the DI framework
- Easily configure SpecFlow to work with MSTest using the SpecFlow.MsTest NuGet package
- Test execution report now includes “tags” in the NUnit report, which can be displayed using a custom XSLT
- Removed .NET runtime version from generated file headers to avoid unwanted changes