Before installing the new version, please read the information on updating to SpecFlow 3. The installation procedure is also covered there.
Information on changes to the Visual Studio extension can be found here.
WHAT’S NEW IN SPECFLOW V3?
- Support for .NET Core!
- Separate addition of default and non-default value comparers.
ComparisonExceptionindicates which value comparer was used for each difference
- Uri and Null value retrievers added
BoolValueRetrivercan now work with 1 and 0
- Array & List support for any available item value retriever when instantiating class from Specflow table
- Syntax and structural changes in value retriever/comparer registration
- Check for non-default constructors using case-insensitive comparison
- Add utility to get enum field value from
- Gherkin language data is used instead of an obsolete copy
- Loader exceptions are appended to the exception message
CreateInstance<T>support to a
- Visual Studio change detection integration for Net.SDK style projects via
- Command line options now need to be prefixed with
--(double dash) rather than
- Registration of value retrievers and comparers has been changed from
CreateInstanceon an object with a constructor with default parameters populates the object using the default parameters instead of null values
- Visual Studio change detection integration for Net.SDK style projects via SpecFlow.Tools.MSBuild.Generation
- AfterTestRun code fails to complete under certain circumstances, see this GitHub issue for details and possible workarounds.
- Step bindings from external assembly are not found: set Copy to output directory for specflow.json.
- The functions provided by specflow.exe (generate all, reports) have been removed completely.
You can find the full changelog here.
WHAT’S NEW IN SPECFLOW+ V3?
- Support for .NET 2.0, 2.1, 2.2
- Added DeleteFolder as a new deployment transformation step
- Reports: Display the correct success rate for retried scenarios
- Profile files are no longer duplicated in the solution explorer
- Display failing scenarios with at least one pending or successful retry as randomly failed
- Report generation has been moved to a separate process
- The base class for reports has been changed from
If you have customized the report templates, you will need to edit the first line of your templates accordingly.
- Support for combined test executors (e.g. SpecRun+NUnit and SpecRun+MSTest) has been removed as a result of the new plugin infrastructure
- If CLR 2.0 is specified as the runtime, SpecFlow+ Runner uses the CLR 4.0 executor.
A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL CONTRIBUTORS!
SpecFlow 3 would not have been possible without your contributions. Don’t forget to grab yourself some SpecFlow stickers!