The latest addition to these efforts is our new project wizard integrated into the SpecFlow for Visual Studio Extension (with version 2019.0.60 or later). If you don’t find it, check if you are using the latest version of the Visual Studio extension.
With this new project wizard, creating a new SpecFlow project only takes seconds, instead of multiple minutes as before (and yes, we also needed that long).
The steps to create a new project are the following now:
- In Visual Studio, create a new project and search for SpecFlow
2. Select SpecFlow Project and press Next
3. Enter your project name and location and press Create
5. Configure your .NET version and unit test framework and press Create
5. The project is created with all required NuGet packages
6. Start using SpecFlow in your project
This is the quickest way to create a new SpecFlow project in Visual Studio 2017 and Visual Studio 2019.
If you are using another IDE, you can use our .NET CLI templates to create new projects.
We hope, that you like this new, quick and easy way to create SpecFlow projects as much as we do. If you find an issue or want to give feedback for it, please create a new issue on GitHub.
PS: … help us to spread the news and share the announcement with your friends and team members by clicking on one of the social icons below 👇