Configuring The Build Step In DevOps
To add the build step in TFS/VSTS/DevOps:
- Select Build & Release | Builds from the menu in TFS
- Click on build in the list (or add a new one).
- On the Summary page, click on a recently completed build:
- The build steps are displayed in the left in the next screen:
- Click on Edit build definition to edit the steps.
- Add the SpecFlow+ build step to your build to generate the living documentation.
- Enter the path to your .NET Full Framework project (.csproj file) or the folder containing your project in the Project file path field in the SpecFlow+ build step and make sure the step is enabled. All feature files in the selected folder and all its sub-folders are included in your living documentation.
If your project is a .NET Core project, reference the path containing your project, not the project itself.
- If you have not referenced a .csproj file and you are not using English as the default language of your Gherkin files, select the language used by your Gherkin files under Project Language. (If you have referenced a .csproj file, this information is read from the app.config file.)
- You can also enter a Project Name. This name is used by the root node in the tree. If you do not enter a name here, the name of the Visual Studio project is used instead.
- If you want to include Gherkin files from multiple projects, add a separate build step for each of your projects.