Excel Examples File Format
- Values (in particular non-string values) entered in cells are converted according to the general cell conversion rules.
- You can use Excel formulas in the Excel file. The plugin uses the result of the formula result to execute your tests.
- Empty Excel rows are ignored.
- Merged cells: Gherkin tables do not support merged cells, so merged cells are converted so that the first cell contains the value and the other cells are empty.
- The first row in the sheet is the examples header row, and must match to the header row specified in the feature file (same columns, same order).
Excel examples matching to the Gherkin scenario outline examples
Workbook (Excel file)
Container for multiple example sets
Scenario Outline examples
Worksheet first row
Examples header. The header row in the feature file and the Excel file must match (same columns, same order).
Worksheet further rows