What data does TechTalk collect?
TechTalk only collects information necessary for the following purposes:
- The name of users/ companies is required to issue valid licenses to a legal entity (company or user)
- The billing address of customers or resellers is stored for invoicing purposes
- The email address of customers or resellers is stored and used to send the license key, as well as inform users shortly before the end of their license’s upgrade period
We do not share customer data with any third parties, and this data is not processed externally.
Where is data held by TechTalk stored?
TechTalk is headquartered in Austria (an EU member), and all customer data related to licenses is stored here. This customer data is stored in TechTalk’s own IT infrastructure. Access to this data is restricted to those employees who require the data to complete work related to the software products offered by TechTalk. This includes employees in accounting, sales, management and support.
How is this data processed?
User data stored in TechTalk’s systems is only processed internally by TechTalk. Personally identifiable information, such as email addresses and names, is processed to send out reminders when the user’s license is due to reach the end of its support period.
The data is also processed to derive aggregated data, such as the number of licenses sold and total revenue over a particular time period. The results of these analyses are made available to all employees, but no personally indentifiable information is shared or analysed.
Our website uses so-called “cookies”, which are small text files stored on your device by your browser. These files are harmless, and are used to provide you with the full experience of our website.
If you do not want these cookies to be stored, you can configure your browser to inform you whenever a cookie is stored. You can also block cookies in your browser.
Our website also uses analysis cookies (session cookies) that are used to analyse the behaviour of website visitors. The data collected in this way is anonymised, meaning there is no way to link the information to a particular visitor.
We use this information to optimise our website, e.g. to make it easier to find relevant information on the website and to assess what information interests our users. We also use this information on our target group for marketing purposes, e.g. to deliver newsletter content that is relevant. Data which is analysed can include the following:
- Number of sessions
- Bounce rate
- Total visits per page
- Time spent on the website
- Country of origin of website visitors
- Page visits per session
- Browser and operating system
Support tickets are handled using UserVoice. Information on how UserVoice complies with the GDPR can be found here.
Access to the ticketing system is restricted to those employees at TechTalk who require access to the tickets in order to respond to customer inquiries, complete purchase orders and provide technical support (including troubleshooting and reproducing issues).
Who can I contact with questions about data protection? How can I request my data be removed/corrected?
Please address any questions you have concerning data protection to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we cannot delete data relating to currently active licenses, as this information is required for business purposes (e.g. to confirm that users requesting support have a valid support period).
What about newsletters?
Mailing lists related to TechTalk products are opt-in only. Email addresses used to complete a purchase or for other correspondence are not added to any regular mailing lists/newsletters.
The email addresses in the mailing lists are only stored on Mailchimp’s servers, and access is restricted. These email addresses are used exclusively for the purpose of sending out newsletters and announcements related to the product in question. No further processing is performed and the mailing lists are not shared with any third parties.
What rights do you have?
Under EU law, you have the following rights:
- Right to information on what data is stored about you.
- Right to verify and correct your data.
- Right to have this data removed. Note that we cannot remove data concerning licenses that are still valid, as we only collect data required to conclude a valid contract (EULA) and bill customers. This constitutes a legal basis for collecting this data, and does not require prior consent.
- Limit the processing of your data. As we only process personal customer data to send out reminder emails when a SpecFlow+ license’s support period is coming to a close, this will mean that you will not receive a reminder email.
If you have any questions regarding how data is handled by TechTalk or wish to exercise the above rights, please contact email@example.com.