https://www.specflow.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/SF_Logo.png 0 0 https://www.specflow.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/SF_Logo.png 2019-02-13 10:14:372020-05-14 12:23:28SpecFlow+ LivingDoc 0.2.17 Released
The new LivingDoc version 0.2.17 is available and it contains the feature of linking feature/scenario tags to certain work items.
The way it works is as follows:
- A prefix for the project should be chosen. This prefix will indicate that the tag marked with it is a special tag that will be connected to the work item.
- Change the tags in the project’s feature files so that each one contains both the prefix and the id of the related work item (e.g.: if the prefix is @workItem and the id is 3212 the tag should be @workItem3212)
- In the build, pipeline chooses the LD build step. There’s a new option for setting the prefix. Change it to whatever prefix is set in the project.
- After a new build is run, the generated LivingDoc will display these connected tags bold, and clicking on them will pop up the related work item in a modal window.
Other things to know:
- LD only accepts (and matches) a single prefix per project
- In the project, the tag should consist only of the prefix and the work item number. No separator character is needed nor it is allowed.
- In the build task where you can define the prefix, it is not obligatory to use ’@’ as a starting character of the prefix, LD will still recognize the prefix in the feature files
- If there’s a tag in a feature file that is prefixed with this special work item prefix but has no work item number, something that cannot be parsed to a number or a non-existing work item id, the popup window will have no content but will show an error message (e.g. @workItem in itself as a tag would cause such an error message)