SpecFlow 2.4 has been released and is now available for download from NuGet. This is likely to be the last release of SpecFlow before we release SpecFlow 3.
SpecFlow 2.4 includes a number of new features:
- Added ability to convert type to same type or one of the base types #1110
- Added support for customization of dependency injection at feature level via a runtime plugin event to raise feature dependencies #1141
- Allow marking steps as Obsolete and have a configurable behavior for it #1140
- IGherkinParser and IGherkinParserFactory interfaces added to support Gherkin Parser pluggability #1143
- Assist: remove accents from column headers and property names when comparing objects to a table #1096
- Added NUnit current TestContext scenario container registration. See #936
- Array & List support for strings and enums when instantiating class from Specflow table #1018
- MSBuild: Experimental support for deleting code-behind files on clean and rebuild when MSBuild #1167, #1208
- MSBuild: Experimental support for Net.SDK project system, only for targeting desktop framework, .net core is supported and won’t work #1223
- Changed Parameter handling of specflow.exe #1112
There are also a number of bug fixes. The full list of changes can be found here.
Don’t forget to regenerate your features and restart Visual Studio after upgrading!